IMPORTANT INFORMATION – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ATTENDING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
We are looking forward to welcoming you for your dental appointment soon.
- In line with current guidance, it is imperative that your medical history is updated prior to attending for your appointment. Please therefore ensure that you complete and submit the medical history form which you can access below this information. After you submit the medical history form you will be given the option to ‘Download’ or to ‘Email’ the completed document to yourself. This is for your own records and information only. It is not compulsory or essential.
- Please come to the practice wearing a face covering which you will need to wear until you are seated in the dentist chair in the surgery. You will also need to wear this face covering when you leave the dentists surgery and until you are outside the practice. If you carry an exemption card or have a child under 11 unable to wear a mask, you will be asked to wait outside until the surgery is ready.
- Please do not arrive too early for your appointment – no more than 5 minutes before as we are limited to waiting room space.
- On arrival for your appointment, please knock on the practice door and wait for a member of staff to answer. Before entering the practice, you will also be asked the following screening questions:
- Have you been diagnosed with Coronavirus in the last 10 days?
- Have you been in contact with someone with confirmed Coronavirus in the last 14 days?
- Are you or anyone in your household self isolating due to symptoms?
- Have you had a temperature over 37.5˚C in the last 10 days?
- Have you had a persistent dry cough in the last 10 days?
- Have you had a loss of taste or smell in the last 10 days?
- Have you been contacted by NHS Test and Trace and asked to self isolate?
- Have you returned to the UK from another country in the last 10 days
We would ask that if you do display any symptoms or need to self – isolate in the period running up to your appointment, please do call us to let us know in advance, so that we can rearrange your appointment accordingly.
You will be asked to use hand sanitiser and you will be reminded not to touch your face, mouth or any surfaces. Your temperature will be taken using an infrared thermometer.
- We would kindly ask that you come alone for your appointment and do not bring any excess baggage. Anything you do bring will need to be placed inside a sanitised box inside the surgery. Toilet and tooth brushing facilities will not be available at the practice, please therefore ensure you use your own facilities before leaving home. Very thorough teeth cleaning including using all interdental cleaning recommended by your dentist and hygienist is very important.
- Due to the increased levels of PPE our clinical staff need to wear, it is necessary for us to keep the surgery temperatures quite cool. You may therefore find it a little colder in surgery than normal, even in hot weather. An additional layer of clothing is therefore advisable.
- In surgery you will be given a mouth rinse to use for 30-60 seconds before the treatment is carried out. This tastes a bit like swimming pool water. It is mild tasting but not great! The dentist and nurse will be in a higher level of PPE than you will previously have seen – but they are still the same underneath!
- We are now able to take payments at the reception desk after your appointment. Perspex screens are in place for staff and patient safety. However, we are happy to take card payment over the phone prior to the appointment if you would prefer. Please note we are only able to accept payments by card.
Please now proceed to complete and submit the medical history form below. Once completed, you will have the option to download a copy for your records.
Thank you for support and understanding as we adopt new procedures and protocols to ensure the safety of patients and staff.